Search This Blog

Thursday 5 September 2013

Ticking the T&E and art box.

Today we have had a pretty relaxed learning day.  We started out with our cores of Maths and English, and as I had to go off and organise details regarding a group excursion I am arranging, I put on classical music in the background and allowed the cherubs to go off and free learn/play.  Well I think we must have ticked a curriculum box with something Smarty Pants created in his time! 

Yesterday we paid a visit to an old school friend of Smarty Pants and they had a wonderful foosball table that the boys spent most of the visit playing.  When we arrived back home Smarty Pants asked dad if he could have a foosball table to which dad replied that it is an item you use a few times and then sits in the corner taking up space, so no.  Well the creation below is Smarty Pants' home-made foosball table!!!  Brilliant!!  He asked me for a box and tape, etc and came back with this!



The same thing happened a few months ago.  Our read-a-loud at the time was The adventures of the wishing chair by Enid Blyton and the children in the story were playing Ludo.  After the story he wanted to play Ludo and I showed him a pic of it online, since we didn't have the game.  He asked me to buy him one and I said perhaps but it wont be right away so the next day off he went and made the game from card himself! 

I so love getting to know every little nuance of my children and what goes on in their little minds!  

No comments:

Post a Comment