Search This Blog

Tuesday 3 September 2013

LOGIC AND CRITICAL THINKING

I have begun to turn my mind to logic and critical thinking and Princess Perfect was the first to trial a product.  She started on Lollipop Logic book 1 and is now on book 2.   She loves the books and they are the first thing she grabs when it is time for her to do "alone work"   Whilst they are great fun I don't think they do very well at extending and exercising her brain as well as she goes through a book in no time!

I came across the Critical Thinking Company and LOVE the look of their products but their postage from the USA is harsh, especially for something I would like to try out to see if it will work! They do have a couple of e-books but I liked the look of Building Thinking Skills as it looks quite comprehensive, covering shapes, figural  and verbal similarities and differences, Sequencing, Classifications and Analogies.  It looks like a really good higher order thinking activity book that will last longer than a week.  So I ordered Level one - Grade 2-3 and it arrived today! So far it looks quite good. 


Sample of one of the pages

A few more items I use for logic and visual perception

This is the MiniLUK advance system which is fantastic for visual perception, geometry and higher order thinking. 

 This is a tangram puzzles book (with solutions at the back) with over 500 tangrams!

No comments:

Post a Comment