Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 September 2013

OUR SILKWORM PROJECT

We have some new pets to observe, silkworms!  They are now into their second week of life and are growing rapidly!  We are really enjoying observing how fast they grow and should soon see them start to form their cocoons, in around 3-4 weeks time.  This should be great fun and every morning the kids run to the box to see how much more they have grown and whether there is any sign of a cocoon being formed.
 
This reminds me so much of my childhood and I am so glad that my children are able to experience silkworms.  I am really sad that they are not able to experience chameleons with me as this was also one of the little treats of my childhood. I had a pet chameleon who I use to enjoy watching for hours every day, catching his flies and changing colour on various different surfaces.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment